Exceptions: I try to make this easy to look at without redundancy. If all Soloists for example are neck-thru, I will not spell it out on every entry. Or if Dinkies by default are 24 frets, I may not note so unless a particular Dinky has 22 frets. For another example if a model is exactly like another model but a small spec change I will note the difference but not repeat the rest. Some additional specs I may omit because I cannot consistently find such info, things such as the MSRP or what cases the guitars came with.
Jackson’s other signature model (see Rhoads entry), these are neck-thru superstrats. The first was completed August 28, 1984. Early distinctions were between the Soloist Custom: neck-thru, 24 frets, ebony, bound fretboard, and ‘sharkfins’ or pearl dots and Soloists Student: the same but rosewood, no binding, and pearl dots only. Both of course were of equal quality. Floyd Rose, Kahler, and string through body were some options and Seymour Duncan’s were stock until 1985 when Jackson started to use in-house wound pickups. The finishes were pretty much whatever. Ontario era brings some changes such as the JT-6 bridge and an archtop option. In 1990 Soloists became a regular production model. An asterisk means that the model or specs of such are dubious and clarification or further research is needed.
- Jackson Soloist (80s Custom shop):A customizable Soloist from the 80s. Poplar wings (?)Ebony or rosewood fretboard options with pearl sharkfins or dots. Biding on the 'Custom' model. Reverse headstock was an option, and the pickups and tone controls as well. One could use blade or mini switches and use passive or Jackson's active controls. Action options included the JE-1000, JE-1200, and JE-1500 boosts and sweeping controls. Finish options: solid, metal flake, sunburst, metallic, crackle, candy, pearl, custom graphics
- Jackson Soloist Custom: USA Soloist, pre-SL1. Poplar body with optional flame top. Bound ebony fretboard with pearl shark-fin inlays. Schaller JT-590 tremolo, J-200/J-200/J-50BC early, later HSS J-100VS/J-100VS/L-500XL pickups. Finishes: Lightning sky, skulls, standing woman, coral sea, black and white dragon, flames, multi colored dragon, turquoise stone, errie dess, sunset, spheres, textured red pearl, snakeskin, reclining woman, holo flake, electric blue, red & blue swirl, black, more..
- Jackson Soloist SL1 : This is a USA flagship Soloist. Features 24 frets, sharks, an OFR, an ebony bound board, maple neck, HSS pickup config, and Seymour Duncan (TB-4 and STK-S1). Introduced in 1996- 98 is Poplar (image), but since 1999 they are Alder. This is a current model but they now call it ‘USA Select Soloist SL1’. Also available left-handed. The Finishes: Black, agent orange, bolted steel, Ferrari Red, Burnt Cherry Sunburst, Lightning sky, Gun metal grey, natural, Nebula, Metallic black, Trans black, shattered glass, snow white, trans blue, snakeskin, Quicksilver, Trans green, Copper Snakeskin, Darby green, trans red, Yellow bengal, Absinthe frost, blue ghost flames, Acapulco Gold, black ghost flames, pile o' skulls, deep candy red, Eerie dess swirl. The left handed version doesn't seem to have a unique name.
- Jackson Soloist SL1T: Same as above but with string thru body option.
- SL1 Left:Left hand option.
- Jackson Soloist SL2 (USA): First version from 1996-. Poplar body, ebony found board with no markers. Jackson JP-10 and JP-11 HH pickups. JT-580lp bridge. Vol, tone, three way toggle. Headstock matches finish. Silver hardware and pickup rings. Finishes: BLK(Black), GMG(Gun Metal Gray), BGP(Blue Green Pearl), YGP(Yellow/Gold Pearl), DCR(Deep Candy Red).
- SL2S: The same 90s only variant of USA SL2 just like above, but with sharkfin inlays on the ebony fretboard. Seymour Duncan TB4/SH1N HH pickups. Org. Floyd Rose tremolo. Vol, tone, three-way toggle.
- Jackson Soloist SL2H (USA): From 2000- Alder body,24 frets, sharkfins MOP, bound ebony board, Org. Floyd Rose, and Seymour Duncan JB/'59 HH pickups. Black hardware. There is a left-handed version. Vol, tone, three-way toggle. Finishes: black, ferrari red, gun metal grey, metallic black, snow white, quicksilver, cobalt blue, darby green, acapulco gold, absinthe frost, agent orange, burnt cherry sunburst, natural, trnas black, trans blue, trans green, trans red, black ghost flames, blue ghost flames, eerie dess swirl, bolted steal, lightning sky, nebula, shattered glass, snakeskin, copper snakeskin, yellow bengal, pile o skulls
- SL2HT: Fixed bridge of above. USA. Finishes: Black, burnt cherry sunburst, trans black
- SL2H-MAH:Mahogany body SL2. USA. Also a 2002 limited but available other times as well. Silver hardware. Finishes: Burnt cherry sunburst, natural, trans black, trans blue, trans red.
- SL2H-MAHQ:Quilt top option. Finishes: Burnt cherry sunburst, natural, tans black, trans blue, trans green, trans red.
- Shannon Soloist, SHS1: Something special with some particular specs. USA, 24 frets, poplar body, ebony fretboard with MOP sharkfins, Seymour Duncan SHPG-1 and SSL-5 custom, and a OFR that isn’t recessed. Limited edition, they feature a signature, unscalloped neck heel, fret nibs, and a few other small things. Finishes are black, slime green white, blue ghost flames, and possibly sherbet orange.
- Jackson Soloist SLS: A USA made Soloist with a twist, it’s light weight! They have a mahogany body, a different body shape than usual, a bound rosewood board with no inlays, a different headstock shape, a Gotoh tune-omatic bridge, and depending on the year, 24 or 22 frets. The pickups vary from a set of Dimarzio DP100 or Duncan Pearly Gates/Jazz combo. Finishes are burnt cherry sunburst, trans blue, and black. This guitar is only from 1997- 98 and is not to be confused with later ‘Super Light’ Soloists below.
- Jackson Soloist SLS2*:A USA made ‘Super Light’ Soloist. I could not get concrete specs on this one so the following is based off of a single ad I found. String through body tune-o-matic. HH set up with Seymour Duncan JB ‘59 and TB-4. Bound rosewood fretboard with MOP sharkfins. No idea on the finish.
- Jackson Soloist SL AT-90: Arch-top Soloist, just with the ‘SLAT’ part split for some reason. Shown in 2001 catalog. Quilt maple top, bound ebony fretboard with piranha inlay, JT-390 string-thru body bridge. Seymour Duncan STK-P1/STKP-1 pickups. Gold hardware. Finishes: all USA select
- SL AT-M:Same as above but with mini humbuckers. Seymour Duncan M3/M3 Finishes: all USA select
- SLATQH (USA): Limited 2002 Soloist. Mahogany body and neck, ebony fretboard with pearl sharkfin inlay, JT390 string-thru body bridge, Seymour Duncan JB/ ‘59 HH pickup. Finishes: amber sunburst, trans green, trans red, trans black, tobacco sunburst, violin brown, trans blue, natural, cherry sunburst
Pro Series: Not to be confused with "Professional"..
- Jackson Soloist SL2/ SL2 MAH (Pro Series): An import ‘Pro Series’ Made in Indonesia. Alder body (later Mahogany) and ebony fretboard, piranha inlays and direct mount pickups. Seymour Duncan TB-6/SH-6N HH pickups. Floyd Rose 1000. Vol, tone, three-way toggle. Chrome hardware. Headstock matches finish on some finishes. Black or nickle hardware. Finishes: midnight blue, satin black, quicksilver, black, deep purple metallic, red mercury, trans purple, and more, some with matching headstocks.
- SL2P: Mahogany body SL2. (Compare to SL2Q MAH) Finishes: carmel burl, transparent black burst
- SL2A: ‘Pro Series’ 2021. Ash body top option. Finishes: unicorn white
- SL2A HT: ‘Pro Series’ 2021. Hardtail option of above. Finishes: unicorn white
- SL2Q: 4A quilt top model. Finishes: burst cherry sunburst, trans black, trans red, winterstorm, trans green, Caribbean fade blue, and desert sunset sky
- Jackson Soloist SL2M MAH: 'Pro Series'. A two humbucker Soloist. Made in Indonesia. Mahagony body, maple neck, bound maple fretbaoard with pearloid piranha inlays. Direct mount Seymour Duncan SH-6N/TB-6 HH pickups. Floyd Rose 1000. Vol, tone, three-way toggle. Chrome hardware. Dunlop locking buttons. Headstock matches finish. Finishes: Magenta, metallic red
- SL2Q MAH HT:Hardtail option. Finishes: desert sunset sky, fuchsia burst, trasnparent black burst
- SL2FM MAH: Like the above but with ebony fretboard and flame maple top. Black nickel hardware. Same otherwise. Finishes: coffee burst
- Jackson Soloist SL3 (MIJ): ‘Pro Series’ MIJ import then later Indonesia. 24 frets, rosewood with sharkfins, with an alder body, HSS set up with hotrail Duncans and a bridge JB. JT-580 tremolo . Black or chrome hardware. The Indonesian ones have piranha inlays, ebony fretboard, mahogany body, and the Floyd Rose 1000 with the Seymour Duncan’s being changed to TB-6 and SSL-6. (see below)Org.Finishes: black, cobalt blue, amber sunburst, blue, red, trans black, trans blue, trans green, violin brown, natural, more..
- Jackson Soloist SL3 (later): Mahogany body. Ebony fretboard with piranha inlays. Made in Indonesia. Seymour Duncan SSL-6/SSL-6/Flat Strat HSS pickups. Floyd Rose 1000. Vol, tone, five-way switch. Black hardware. Finish matches headstock. Natural finish neck. Finishes: satin orange blaze.. more...
- SL3Q MAH:Quilt maple top option. Mahogany body. maple neck, ebony fretboard with pearloid piranha inlay. Seymour Duncan SSL-x6x2, TB-6 HSS pickups. Floyd Rose 1000. Vol, tone, five-way switch. Black or chrome hardware. Headstock matches finish. Finishes: blonde, chlorine burst, dark amber, trans green, Caribbean blue fade, desert sunset sky, winterstorm
- Jackson Soloist SL3M:'Pro Series' Soloist with three pickups. Basswood body, maple neck, bound maple fretboard with black piranha inlays. 24 frets. Seymour Duncan SSL-6x2/TB-6 HSS pickups. Floyd Rose 1000. Vol, tone, five-way switch. Black hardware. Headstock matches finish. Finishes:rainbow crackle
- Jackson Soloist SL3R: ‘Pro Series’ reverse headstock Soloist with unique finish. 2021. Basswood body with mirror top. Maple neck. Bound ebony fretboard with alumiloid piranha tooth inlays. Seymour Duncan TB-6/Flat Stratx2 HSS pickups. Floyd Rose 1000 tremolo. Vol, tone, five-way switch. Chrome hardware. Reverse headstock matching finish. Finishes: Mirror
- Jackson Soloist SL4: Uncommonish MIJ import. Alder body. It has a rosewood board with sharkfin inlays. 22 frets. Seymour Duncan JB and TB4 HH pickups, JT580LP tremolo. It had a short early 2000s only run. Head stock matches finish. Finishes: trans red, natural, trans blue, black
- Jackson Soloist Pro Series SL7: Made in Indonesia. Mahogany body, one piece maple neck with graphite reinforcement. Ebony fretboard with alumiloid piranha inlays. Seymour Duncan TB-6/ SH6-7 HH pickups. Floyd Rose 1000 tremolo. Chrome hardware. Vol, tone, five way switch. Reverse headstock (later). Finishes: satin black, gloss black
- SL7A: ‘Pro Series’ 2021. Ash top option of above. Seymour Duncan Distortion 7 HH pickups. Finishes: Unicorn white
- Pro Series Soloist SL7 HT MAH/ASH: Identical to the above, but with the Jackson HT7 bridge. The Ash version has an ash top on the mahogany. Finishes: northern lights, charcoal grey
- Jackson Soloist SLS3: Something different. ‘Super Light’ Soloist and ‘Pro Series’. MIJ. Mahogany body, ebony fretboard with MOTO ‘shark eye’ inlays, Seymour Duncan Zebra ‘59 pickups, JT-390 TOM and 3x3 headstock. Finishes: white, black, stain black and a green swirl? color.
- Jackson SLAT3-6: MIJ arch-top Soloist. Alder body (flame maple veneer option), maple neck (neck-thru), rosewood fretboard with pearl sharkfin inlay. EMG 81/85 HH pickups. Floyd Rose FRT-2000 tremolo. Black hardware. Finishes: black, gun metal grey, trans black, green swirl
- Jackson SLAT3-7 Soloist: MIJ arch-top Soloist. Alder body (flame maple veneer option), maple neck (neck-thru), rosewood fretboard with pearl sharkfin inlay. EMG 81-7/707 HH pickups. Floyd Rose FRT-2000 tremolo. Black hardware. Notably has a seven in a line headstock. Finishes: black, gun metal grey, trans black, green swirl
- Limited Edition Wildcard Series Soloist SL27 EX: A special soloist with 27 frets. Alder body, maple neck, bound ebony fretboard with twelfth fret pearloid sharkfin inlay. 27 frets. Dimarzio Super Distortion, Air Norton S HS pickups. Org. Floyd Rose. Chrome hardware. Reverse headstock. Vol, tone, three-way toggle. Luminlay side dots. Headstock matches finish. Finishes: Blue sparkle.
- Limited Edition Wildcard Series Soloist SL2P: Special soloist with high end options. Alder body with poplar burl top, maple/wenge neck, bound ebony fretboard with twelfth fret sharkfin pearloid outline inlay. Fishman Fluence PRF-MHB CK1/AK1 HH pickups. Vol, tone, push pull, three-way toggle. Org. Floyd Rose. Black hardware. Luminlay side dots. Dunlop strap lock. Headstock matches finish. Finishes: trans black burst
- Limited Edition Wildcard Series Soloist SL2FM: Special edition. Same as above but with flame maple top. Finishes: trans black burst
MJ Series: 2021- MIJ Jacksons. All higher end
- MJ Series Soloist SL2: 2021. MIJ Soloist. Alder body, three-piece maple neck. Bound ebony fretboard with pearloid sharkfin inlays. 24 frets. Direct mount Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz HH pickups. Gotoh GE1996T tremolo. Vol, tone, three-way toggle. Black hardware. Dunlop strap locks. Luminlay side dots. Finishes: gloss black, snow white
- Jackson Soloist SL1X: ‘X Series’ Soloist meant to combine classic and modern. (Not sure why it’s an SL1 however..) 2021. Poplar body, maple neck. Bound Laurel fretboard with white dot inlays. 24 frets. Duncan Design HB-103B/ Hot railx2 HSS pickups. Floyd Rose Special tremolo. Vol, tone, five-way switch. Black hardware. Finishes: platinum pink, cab yellow
- Jackson Soloist SL3X:‘X Series’ three pickup Soloist. Indonesian import. Features 24 frets, bound rosewood (later laurel) fretboard with sharkfin inlay, Floyd Rose Special, and Duncan Designed HB103B and HR101x2 HSS. One volume tone and five-way switch. Finishes: neon orange, neon yellow, graphite
- SL3X DX: ‘X series’ but with 80s crackle finishes. Made in China. Other differences is Jackson branded high-output pickups. Comes and gold and silver crackle finishes.
- SL3X DX (2021): SL3X with normal specs, so Duncan Design pickups. (see entry) Otherwise same. Finishes: absynthe frost, neon orange, neon yellow, satin graphite
- Jackson Soloist SL3XM DX: ‘X Series’ SL3X with maple fretboard option. 2021. Finishes: stain black
- Jackson Soloist SL4X: An ‘X Series’ import based on the famous Charvel Spectrum which is in itself based on Jeff Beck's Jackson Soloist, so... full circle? Anyway poplar body, maple neck, bound rosewood (later laurel?) board with dots, and three Duncan Design hot rails with a Floyd Rose Special. There are bright 80’s inspired finishes available: blue, pink, white, orange, natural, black. The pickguards can be white or black.
- SL4X DX:Later models with less wild colors. Made in Indonesia. 'X Series'. Poplar body, maple neck, bound laurel fretboard with dots. 24 frets. Duncan Design HR-101x3 pickups. Floyd Rose Special. Vol, tone, five-way switch. Gold or black hardware. White or black pickguard. Finishes: butterscotch, specific ocean, snow white, gloss black
- Jackson Soloist SL5X: 'X Series' Soloist with elusive HSH setup!! Made in Indonesia. Poplar body, maple neck, laurel fretboard with sharkfin inlays. 24 frets. Duncan Designed HB-103/HR-101/HB-103 HSH pickups. Floyd Rose Special. Vol, tone, five-way blade. Black hardware. Finishes: blue burst, purple burst (FSR)
- Jackson Soloist SLX:An Indonesian mid-level ‘X Series’ import. Basswood body, bound rosewood (later laurel) fretboard with pearloid sharkfin inlays. Duncan Designed HB103B and HB103N HH pickups. Floyd Rose special. Vol tone and three way toggle. Options include Zebra wood and koa tops. Finishes are black, natural, kawasabi green, snow white, slime gree, taxi cab yellow, metallic red, the wood tops, green and red crackle, Tamo ash,
- Jackson Soloist SLXLH:Left handed ‘X Series’ import. Same as above but with less finish options. Finishes: satin black, trans black.
- Jackson Soloist SLX DX: A newer ‘X Series’ Soloist. Basswood (maybe later poplar) body, laurel fretboard with pearloid sharkfin inlay. Floyd Rose Special tremolo, Jackson high-output HH pickups. Finishes: satin white swirl, rocket red, satin black, snow white, silverburst, multi-color camo
- Jackson Soloist SLXM DX: ‘X Series’ Soloist. 2021. Maple fretboard SLX option. Gold hardware. Same otherwise. Finishes: snow white
- Jackson Soloist SLXQ:‘X Series’ Soloist with a quilt maple veneer. Same as above but with EMG HZ H4-B and H4-AN pickups. Burnt Cherry Sunburst is the finish.
- Jackson Soloist SLXT:‘X Series’ Indonesian Soloist. The ‘T’ is for the tune-o-matic. TonePros T3BT-B bridge, basswood body, pearl sharkfins, bound rosewood fretboard, and EMG HZ H4-B/ H4-AN from 2012-15. Duncan Designed HB-103B and HB-103N from 2016. String thru body. Finishes: black, trans black, gloss black, kawasabi green, and torred.
- SLXFMG: 'X Series' Same specs as SLX but with EMG 81/85 HH pickup set and flame maple tops. Finishes: Trans red, trans black, trans blue
- Jackson Soloist SLXTQ:‘X Series’ Soloist. Same as above but with quilt top in natural finish. Duncan Designed pickups.
- Jackson Soloist SLSXMG: A ‘Super Light Soloist’ and also ‘X Series’. A mid level import, this has a normal Soloist look. Basswood body, rosewood bound fretboard with pearl sharks, Floyd Rose special, and EMG 81/85. Finishes are natural, gun metal grey, snow white and a flame maple veneer.
Same as above but with arch quilt maple top. Finishes: trans blue, trans purple.
- Jackson Soloist SLATXM 3-7: Basswood body, maple neck, maple fretboard with piranha inlays. SSeymour Duuncan Seniten/Nazgul HH (direct mount) pickups. Floyd Rose Special. Vol, tone,three-way toggle. Black hardware. AT-1 headstock. Finishes: Bright blue
- SLATHX 3-7: Hardtail option of above with rosewood fretboard. Finishes: gloss black
- Jackson Soloist SLATFXMG 3-8: Welcome to the long names club. ‘X Series’ import eight string Soloist. Indonesian. Mahogany arch top body, Jackson HT-8 bridge, bound rosewood fretboard, piranha inlays, EMG 808 HH set and extended 26.5 scale length. Reverse ‘AT-1 style’ headstock. One volume, tone and 3-way toggle. Finish is matte black only and the model is from 2013-14 only.
- Jackson Soloist SLATFXQMG 3-8: ‘X Series’. Same as above but in trans green finish.
- Jackson Soloist SLATXMG 3-6: ‘X Series’ Soloist with archtop body, EMG 81/85, Floyd Rose Special, and piranha inlays on the rosewood fretboard. From 2013-2015 the body is mahogany but it switched to basswood after. Reverse ‘AT-1 style’ headstock. Indonesian. Finishes: black, snow white, trans red, satin black, tobacco burst, white pearl metallic, candy metallic blue, copper pearl.
- Jackson Soloist SLATHXMG(M)3-6*: Same as above but with a maple fretboard. The only finish I’ve seen is white.
- Jackson Soloist SLATXMGQ 3-6: Same as above but with arched quilt maple top. Finishes: trans amber sunburst, trans black, trans red, and tobacco burst
- Jackson Soloist SLATTXMG 3-6: ‘X Series’ Soloist with TOM option. Mahogany body from 2013-15 then basswood after. TonePros T3BT-B tune-o-matic bridge, rosewood fretboard with piranha inlay, and EMG 81/85 pickups. Reverse ‘AT-1 style’ headstock. Finishes: cobalt blue, matte black, satin grey, candy metallic blue, and copper pearl.
- Jackson Soloist SLATTXMGQ 3-6: Same as above but quilt top. Finishes: trans black, trans red, trans purple, trans red burst, and burnt cherry sunburst.
- Jackson Soloist SLATTXMG 3-7: ‘X Series’ seven string Soloist made in 2013-14. Mahogany body, TonePros TP7 bridge, rosewood bound fretboard with piranha inlays, extended 26.5 scale and EMG 707 pickup set. One tone volume and three-way toggle. Finishes: black, silverburst, and slime green. Indonesian made.
- Jackson Soloist SLATTXMGQ 3-7: Same as above but with arched quilt tops. Finishes: trans black, and tobacco burst.
- Jackson Soloist SLATXMG 3-7: ‘X Series’ seven string Soloist with Floyd Rose Special tremolo. Mahogany body, rosewood fretboard with piranha inlays, 26.5 scale length, and EMG 707 pickup set. Finishes: matte black, and Quicksilver
- Jackson Soloist SLATXMGQ 3-7: Same as above but with arched quilt top. Finishes: trans black, trans red.
- Jackson Soloist SLXFMG: ‘X Series’ Soloist. Basswood body, bound rosewood neck with pearl sharkfin inlays, Floyd Rose Special and EMG 81/85 set. Indonesian made from 2015-16. Finishes: trans red, trans black, trans blue.
- Jackson Soloist SLATXSD 3-7: ‘X Series’ import Soloist. Reverse AT-1 heastock, basswood body, Floyd Rose Special, rosewood bound fretboard with piranha inlays, extended 26.5 scale. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-7. Finishes: snow white and silverburst. Indonesian made.
- Jackson Soloist SLATXSDQ 3-7: